July 28, 2013

Two Weeks Left

I haven't written in a few days, and for that reason I should. 

We have enjoyed a nice weekend at home. We had a showing for the house on Friday, so I spent most of the day cleaning/cooking/feeding/taking care of Leo. It was kind of a lot messier than I thought. :) 

It feels good to have things closer to how they used to be, but at first it made me sad. I felt like I was getting a foretaste of what it will look like when the kids are gone. I know that we will ultimately be happy to get back to the way things were before... but for a time it will be strange and a little hard getting over them. 

I can't imagine how hard it will be for Zeek. To wake up everyday with no kids to play with. No kids at mealtimes, and no one in the back seats of the car with him. :( I feel bad for him for that. 

And although the girls spend most of their time with Zeek, I will surely miss having girls! I'll miss Jada being my little helper in everything I do. And I'll miss keeping an eye on Kaila's heart to make sure she's okay inside, not just out. Our talks. The giggles and fun. 

And then there's Leo. I don't even want to think about it. I know that I will get over him the fastest, because it will be easier for me to appreciate losing the kind of work load he comes with. But the initial letting go of someone who has very much become like my own baby over the past month will be pretty rough. For so so so so many reasons. 

On Saturday the kids had our favorite sitter Alyssa come for the evening while Greg and I went out. They did well with her. We knew they would. 

And today, we just hung out. The kids watched their "What's in the Bible" series, played minecraft, and what other than, PLAYED PLAYMOBILES. It rained most of the day. 

The house is slowly but surely getting back to it's better state of messy. The big kids toggle between their playmobile and minecraft obsessions. I'm finally getting used to making and buying the right amount food the first time. And after a few days of Leo waking me 3 and 4 times a night, he is back to only once again. AMEN! 

Tomorrow, my best friend and I are getting together here to cook all of our dinners for the week at once. If nothing else, it will be a blast. All our kids are going to make a desert, do crafts, and play play play. 

I can't wait! 


No comments:

Post a Comment