July 14, 2013

LiFest


We went. We had fun. We defied all bedtimes imaginable and stayed out way too late. It was awesome.


We saw Jimmy Needham three times. Of course, I loved every second of every show. It was my first time seeing him, AND I got to meet him and chat with him a little after one of his shows. 


 (testing camera settings)

Zeek took our picture for me. Love it! ;)


We went through the Compassion Experience, which was a 20 minute personal family tour through the life of a Compassion Student. We wore headsets and used iPods as we moved through rooms where the student's home, city, school, etc... were recreated for us to see for ourselves. It was really cool and moving. It really inspired me to keep writing to and encouraging our sponsored student. The kids asked a lot of questions and we all learned a lot.



We spent some time under a tree in a field talking, relaxing, and playing rock games. Some people stopped us to tell me what an adorable family I have. I had to explain that they are my family, just not all my children. :) I couldn't agree more though, they are all quite adorable. 





We saw an improve comedy show, ate an entire Papa Murphy's family sized cheese pizza, waited in line, no lie, for about an hour and a half for the best french fries on the planet (not all that), and then, FINALLY, when the sun went down and the temperatures dropped into a tolerable range, we got to see Skillet! 


There were flames and fireworks and even the ground shook from the music (as Jada excitedly pointed out to me). The kids loved it. Kaila was rocking out. It was so cute to see them pumping their fists in the air, jumping up and down, screaming the lyrics when the band told the crowd what to sing. So fun and adorable. 


Then we went back the car and got our hoodies, and decided to go back to the party for the worship time with Jimmy. Jada fell asleep in her chair, Zeek laid on my lap most of the time, and Kaila listened to the songs and watched all the people worship... it was very sweet and special. 



We got home around 1:15a, and we were all in bed asleep by 2.

Although, we took the day off to rest and recuperate, I'm hoping we don't still have little zombies tomorrow when we start FIne Arts/VBS. 

Tonight will be an early bedtime, for sure. For ALL of us. :)



"Say Cheese!"


"Give me weird!"


Begging!


Screaming! 


Looking cute!


Holding on for dear life!


"Smile!"

No comments:

Post a Comment