July 5, 2013

It's On!

There's no possible way for me to say it all. Everyone is here. They arrived days ago??? about 10 seconds after we returned home from picking strawberries up the street. 


Everyone was in a surprisingly good mood for having just traveled for 4 days (perhaps it was the fresh berries?). From there, everything is pretty much a blur. :) 

I remember that we shared a delicious crockpot chicken cordon blue dinner here with with my cousin Jason. It was great to see him and spend a little time catching up. 

I know that we dragged in a few travel chests of kids clothes, shoes, diapers, and other miscellaneous items and attempted to unpack them... hardly. 

I will never forget that our three oldest children asked to have a "cousin camping" night in the basement and then didn't go to sleep until after 2:30am when we woke to a mini rave. 

I know that won't happen again. :)

I know that all three dogs are SMITTEN.

I know that Robin and I have enjoyed being side by side for days, including tons of baby snuggling, mama talk, girl talk, food talk, and Jesus talk, eating, and did I mention baby snuggling? 

I know that Zeek, Kaila and Jada have been inseparable and pretty much scarce. They've been playing outside, creating a band and practicing their set list, running around in the woods, biking the street, building forts in the basement, playing in the toy room upstairs. I hope I get to see them someday soon! 


I fondly recall my brother visiting a couple of days, bringing good burgers, chips and dips, and getting in some good guy time with my husband. There were guns involved at some point. I think they were just air soft, but I'm sure they would never get past security. :)

There was a baby-in-the-sink bath, 


some HGTV ruining, some creepy breakfast muffins that everyone loved, and some very fun Fourth of July foods. 
  

Our fireworks were a blast, bedtime came too late again, and now it is 8am, Friday morning, and everyone but Greg and I are fast asleep. 


It's been fantastic, fun, and super fast! Greg is cleaning up behind us all like a magician - not sure how this will go when he's working all day during the weeks to come. However, there won't be house guests or holiday. However, tomorrow morning Robin will be leaving us to fend for ourselves... 

I think we will do just fine. :)

My favorite part so far is that my son is so happily playing with his new "temporary siblings".

Taking a close second in my heart is sweet little Leo... Greg and I are both in love with him. He's so cute and fun.


I especially love that I finally get to have an adorable little one who I want. When ever I ask his Mom to just consider leaving him here for me to keep for a couple months, the answer is always "yes"!

I really thought I would have posted two or three times by now (what was I thinking?)
I pray I'm ever free in the next six weeks to steal away a few minutes here and there to write again. 

If not, there will be pics and videos on Facebook.
Have a nice summer. I have some lovin' to get to.

   

1 comment:

  1. I like the pictures and your descriptions. I feel like I'm there!

    ReplyDelete