July 3, 2013

As Ready as We'll Ever be

I know that this list may seem incredibly anal, but please remember that we have one child, we are on summer break from homeschooling, I have not taken any photography work in preparation for this time, and we've been showing our house for a couple months now- so it was already freakishly clean.   

I guess you can say I've been "nesting":


As of today, every nook and cranny of our home is cleared out, taken inventory of what remains, and ridiculously organized. 


I have created six weeks of menu planning, each with their own board of Pinterest, including grocery lists, for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and fun food creations to make with the kids. 


Our Pilot is clean, stocked with sunscreens, bug spray, wet wipes, travel snack packs, reading books, etc... and it has been converted to it's optional seating for up to eight. 


I have put together about 40 arts and crafts projects, each pre-packaged with instructions and materials in their own gallon ziplock bags. 


Our public library is currently retrieving 68 books that I ordered for pick up to match the ages of our kids as well as the activities, themes, crafts and snacks for all six weeks. 


Pinterest and my GPS system are stocked full of hours, fees, and addresses to all the hot summer fun spots we will be hitting up.


And last, but most importantly, the girls princess room is all ready and waiting for their stay. :)


My cousin, her neighbor/manny Alex, are on the road and about 8 hours away 

And I can hardly breath I'm so excited. 

But relaxing and breathing is exactly what we are going to work on today. We've earned it! 


Zeek and I already enjoyed a good game of Pay Day this morning. He's reading while I write this. 

We are going to meet with our friends for some fun early this afternoon. Then we will return home to homemade, crockpot, chicken cordon blue. I will make mashed potatoes and veggies for a late dinner with my cousin's brother Jason, who is driving up from Iron Mountain to see her and the kids tonight. :) 

I thank God we are still in this big house, which is quite perfect for this adventure as a family of six. Also, that we have had the freedom of time to get so much of the busy work for our summer out of the way. And most of all, that we're just hours away from kicking this thing off with a bang! 


Happy Fourth of July everyone!!!

May your celebration be full of fireworks and awe.

Much Love,

One Seriously Contented Nester



2 comments:

  1. :) I can't wait to hear and read all about it!!!
    Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to read all your posts from the beginning. Great job, Lora!

    ReplyDelete