August 6, 2013

One More Week

So today we start the count down as we have just one week left with the kids.

When I look across the table at Leo's little cheeks and his sweet grin, I can't help but remember that next week none of that will be here. I'm trying to focus on the pros of no more diapers, high chair, dressing and buckling and especially being woken up two to three times a night... but it's been just long enough to remind me what and why all of those things are worth looking past when you have a little one.

When I walk through the living room on movie night and see six awkward long summer-stained legs lined up on the couch with toes pointed to the TV, I feel a twinge of hurt for my son who will not so long from now be the only kid left to kick around with.

Throughout the next week we will enjoy our "lasts" for the summer with Kaila, Jada and Leo. It has been so much fun to have them. They are really good, and I am proud of my cousin and her husband for making such wonderful, sweet, obedient, loving, fun kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment